gnomepilot2 gpilotd

Bob Van Valzah Bob at VanValzah.Com
Tue Apr 8 22:55:23 PDT 2003

Joe, Thanks for your advice.

I've gotten over the gpilotd starting problems for now.  I also managed
to clean out the pilot state with rm -r -f ~/.gnome2/gnome-pilot.d

Now I'm back to the same old problem (though now it's a bit more easily
reproduced).  When the druid first starts to talk to gpilotd to receive
the user name and ID from the Palm, gpilotd exits:

gpilotd-Message: corba: get_pilots(...)
gpilotd-Message: corba: get_pilots(...)
gpilotd-Message: corba: get_pilots(...)
gpilotd-Message: Exiting (caught SIGTERM)...
Terminated

The first 3 lines are apparently the once per second checking to see if
the sync button has been pressed.  But the "caught SIGTERM" line pops
out and gpilotd exits as soon as the druid goes to read the user name
and ID.

I tried running gpilotd under truss to figure out what what was causing
the SIGTERM, but that didn't help.  (Gpilotd apparently forks or does
all its work in a child process or thread or something that keeps the
work it does from being trussed.)

So I'm still stumped.  All help or debugging advice appreciated.

	Thanks,

	Bob