small celebration

Matthew Gardiner matgarnz at iprimus.com.au
Sun Apr 6 18:30:29 PDT 2003

> I really appreciate the thanks.  It hasn't always been easy, but it
> has
> been fun.  I started using FreeBSD back when 2.1 was released, and it
> was always my dream to be a committer.  Honestly, I didn't think I
> would
> be the GNOME guy, but the challenge, and the reward is worth it.
>
> All the loyal FreeBSD GNOME users that have contributed patches this
> past year as well as the other team members, Adam and Maxim, deserve
> credit, too.  While I've been quite active this past year, without the
> work of the other team members, the alumni, and users, we wouldn't be
> where we are today.
>
> Here's to another great year.  Cheers.

Hear! Hear!

I must agree also. 8-9 years ago I left the wonderful world of the
Amiga for the PC land and my first operating system I moved to was
Linux (Slackware), after using that for a while I moved to FreeBSD in
2000 where I have been in the FreeBSD community ever since.

Keep up the hardwork, however, I do have one little pet peeve, could
the maintainers of pan2 please try not to merge beta versions into the
main CVS, I mean, I love to have the latest and greatest, but the beta
versions?

Matthew Gardiner