ports/50604: portupgrade -R of dia-0.90 fails after today's cvsup of ports tree

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 6 15:39:56 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 18:35, Stacey Roberts wrote:

> Back to badness here. Here's what I've done:
>
> Logged off Gnome
> cp'd ~/.gnome/sound/oldsystem system
> Edited system to have what your suggested. Here is the result:
> ~/.gnome/sound $ ls
> total 2
> -rw-r--r--  1 stacey  stacey  63 Dec 30 04:19 oldsystem
> -rw-r--r--  1 stacey  stacey  64 Apr  6 23:23 system
> stacey at Demon ~/.gnome/sound $ cat oldsystem
>
> [settings]
> start_esd=true
> event_sounds=true
> restore_gmix=true
> ~/.gnome/sound $ cat system
>
> [settings]
> start_esd=true
> event_sounds=true
> restore_gmix=false
> ~/.gnome/sound $
>
> I then logged off the system
> Logged back onto system
> Ran "startx"
>
> Delay is back to 2 - 2.5 minutes
> Sill no sound when in X
>
> This isn't good.

Okay, remove sound/system again, and verify response time improves.  If
it does, try running esd from the command line.  GNOME will usually run
it as:

esd -terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -spawnfd 7

Does it take a long time to give you back the prompt?

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org