small celebration

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:35:10 PDT 2003

>Hi,
>
>just to remind the veterans and surprise the newbies, it's exactly one
>year since Joe Marcus Clarke became FreeBSD committer. I can't imagine
>how GNOME ports looked before he came? Because Joe's work is fast and
>precise, only comparable to knu@'s work on Ruby ports.

Hehe, I never have seen how Gnome ports looked like before Joe started work
with it. I was never fan of Gnome nor KDE, until Gnome 2.1.x has hitted me.
:-) But, indeed, Joe has done awful a lot of stuff by hisself mostly and
solve stuff very quickly!

>Long live, Joe!

Indeed! Thanks Joe! /me sends Joe more beers! ;-)

>And to quote authentic news item:
>
>* 5 April, 2002: Joe Marcus Clarke has been granted a FreeBSD commit bit
>(direct access to the cvs repository). His main focus as a committer
>will be FreeBSD GNOME, so that expect much faster problem resolution
>than ever. It is also expected that he would revive somewhat stalled
>GNOME2 porting effort. Welcome aboard, Joe!!!
>
>PS: Maybe we should start FreeBSD Ports Commiter Of The Year contest? :)

Sounds good, I will vote it.