small celebration

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun Apr 6 12:10:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 07:05, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just to remind the veterans and surprise the newbies, it's exactly one
> year since Joe Marcus Clarke became FreeBSD committer. I can't imagine
> how GNOME ports looked before he came? Because Joe's work is fast and
> precise, only comparable to knu@'s work on Ruby ports.
>
> Long live, Joe!

I really appreciate the thanks.  It hasn't always been easy, but it has
been fun.  I started using FreeBSD back when 2.1 was released, and it
was always my dream to be a committer.  Honestly, I didn't think I would
be the GNOME guy, but the challenge, and the reward is worth it.

All the loyal FreeBSD GNOME users that have contributed patches this
past year as well as the other team members, Adam and Maxim, deserve
credit, too.  While I've been quite active this past year, without the
work of the other team members, the alumni, and users, we wouldn't be
where we are today.

Here's to another great year.  Cheers.

Joe