Configure error

Joe Mom compuman00 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:07:50 PST 2003

Hi Guys,

Its me again.  I am currently getting this error while trying to compile
Gnome from the ports collection.

<snip>
configure: error:
*** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use
the
*** GNU gettext library.
(http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
      Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and
attach
      the "/usr/ports/devel/glib20/work/glib-2.2.1/config.log" including
the
      output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a
good
      idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system
      (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1
</snip>