/usr/ports/x11/gnome2 && make fetch-recursive = WHOOPS!

jimd at siu.edu jimd at siu.edu
Fri Apr 4 07:13:36 PST 2003

In a somewhat related, but not Gnome specific, situation - I tried to do a
portsdb -uU last night and the /usr/ports/Tools/make_index Perl script ATE
all/most of my 1GB of RAM, and then crashed and wiped out the
/usr/ports/INDEX file. I have NEVER seen this before (and no - Perl has not
been updated).