ports/50089: GnuCash-1.8.1_3 fails at startup: scm date util inexact->exact

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 3 14:18:09 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 17:07, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 04:55:11PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > > It is not fixed.  I believe this is a problem with -current.  I
> > > have been using FreeBSD 5-current lately and as of about a week
> > > ago gnucash was working fine with it.  After a couple of -current
> > > updates I went to use gnucash and discovered that the dates were
> > > messed up for transactions.  I rebuilt guile and now I can no longer
> > > even launch gnucash because I get the problem reported in this PR.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately I do not know _exactly_ when it broke.  I do know that
> > > updating to gnucash-1.8.2 does _not_ fix the problem on -current.
> >
> > I just built GnuCash on -CURRENT a few hours ago, and it works just
> > fine.  I tried with and without extra malloc options.
>
> You tested transaction entries and the dates were okay?  That was the
> problem I was having.  It may not be immediately noticeable.
>
> > I suggested Chris do a portupgrade -Rf gnucash\*, as I just built all
> > of the GnuCash direct dependencies from scratch today (except guile
> > and popt).
>
> Well, gnucash was sort of working, just the dates were wrong, until I
> rebuilt guile.  When I did that gnucash would no longer start.  I mention
> that again because you say above that you did not rebuild guile.  In any
> event, I will rebuild _all_ of the dependencies and see what happens.  I
> will let you know one way or the other.

Scratch your build.  I reproduced it after upgrading guile.  Looks like
a problem with the recent work on the floating point libraries.  I'll
investigate.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org