default font in gnome-terminal?

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Wed Apr 2 09:13:21 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 11:58, Murray Stokely wrote:
> Can we add this to the 4.8-ERRATA file since it is such an important
> package?  Please send appropriate text to Bruce A. Mah.

Bruce, per Murray's request, here is some GNOME-related errata:

After installing GNOME, the default terminal font might be garbled.  If
this is the case, install the x11-fonts/bitstream-vera port, then
restart GNOME.  The new fonts should take effect automatically.  If they
do not, edit your current gnome-terminal profile, and select the
Bitstream Vera Sans Mono font.

Thanks.

Joe