setting mailto handler in gnome2 or just in galeon2

Glenn Johnson gjohnson at srrc.ars.usda.gov
Tue Apr 1 13:04:09 PST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 10:12:11PM +0200, Franz Klammer wrote:

> Am Di, 2003-04-01 um 21.30 schrieb Glenn Johnson:
>
> > I would like to set a default mailto: handler in Gnome2 or at
> > least for galeon2.  I tried setting one via gconf-editor under the
> > apps|galeon|Handlers|Programs key setting.  I can get a mail program
> > to pop up when clicking on a mailto link in galeon2 but the mail
> > address is not passed through.
>

> you must set this in
> Desktop setting -> Komplex -> Filetypes + Program -> Internetservices
> -> Add service:

> protocol: mailto
> program: mutt "%s"
>
> i use a german desktop therefore my translations maybe not correct.

Your translations were fine; I was able to find it.  I clicked on the
"Run in Terminal" option with mutt "%S" in the program field but that
did not work.  I had to enter "gnome-terminal ... -e mutt %s", with
"Run in Terminal" unchecked to get it to work.  That does not seem like
proper behavior but it is working now so I am happy.

Thanks.

--
Glenn Johnson
USDA, ARS, SRRC			 Phone: (504) 286-4252
New Orleans, LA 70124		e-mail: gjohnson at srrc.ars.usda.gov