Hash changes in the freebsd-ports GitHub mirror
uqs at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 4 11:04:37 UTC 2016
Sorry for seeing this message so late, here's what happened:
1. There was metadata corruption in the SVN repo that is used as the source
for the svn2git conversion, this repo is kept up-to-date using svnsync, and
it turns out svnsync does not operate atomically.
2. Someone "fixed" the corrupt SVN repos, but that means we can no longer
reproduce what is published on github <- this happened last year and we've
had this Damocles sword dangling above the repos for that long
3. bitbucket changed their permissions model and somehow this caused git to
chew up 100% cpu when doing anything inside the "src" repo (wtf?)
4. I stopped everything, fixed bitbucket ssh keys, started deleting
bitbucket branches as we're approaching the 2G limit
5. seeing that a proper repack was in order, I did a git repack on
7. svn2git started to re-convert freebsd-ports from rev 1 (wtf wtf?)
Because (7) used the fixed repo, this should now actually be the proper 1:1
conversion from SVN ... unless there's more metadata corruption that we did
not fix. I am currently checking this with another run on a different
machine, but that machine is slower and not even half done yet.
The interesting thing to note is that:
a) obviously no one is doing the conversion in-house and found out that
they get different hashes, although this is documented on
b) we still have the same problem for src and doc. We can *not* reproduce
the version that is published on github (different timestamps/authors on
the commit metadata)
Expect more turbulences
2016-12-02 10:40 GMT+01:00 Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at freebsd.org>:
> Hi all,
> I tried running `git pull` a few minutes ago and had a ton of conflicts.
> It turns out all hashes after c96fb0418e545a569b5975b4d878a30a948c29d5
> ("fix issues related with USES=fonts" from 2015-07-18, aka r392404) are
> now different in all GitHub branches.
> Is anyone else experiencing this? Was this change intentional?
More information about the freebsd-git