RFC: Pass TRIM through GELI

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Mar 16 10:18:45 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 05:13:23AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Matthew D. Fuller, and lo! it spake thus:

> , so eli_metadata_decode() EINVAL's right up at the top before
> filling anything into the passed md.  As a result, in
> g_eli_ctl_configure(), it gets (keeps) stack garbage in the var.

As a side note, this seems to turn from "darn" to "panic" because in
g_eli_read_metadata(), it doesn't check the return from
eli_metadata_decode(), so it doesn't notice the EINVAL and happily
reports back success without ever having touched the md   :(

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net