root mount failure in freebsd 9.2 encrypted disk!

h bagade bagadeh at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 08:47:54 UTC 2013

> > May be problem is somewhere else! The configure command works for the
> > mentioned guide; but I still have problems with my own way and it doesn't
> > ask for passphrase when it boots! :( I have checked flags and BOOT flag
> is
> > set. Differences between working encrypted disk and non-working based on
> > "geli list" are:
> > 1- RW-DETACH flag is set for the working one which is not in non-working
> > 2- Mode option in providers part is r1w1e1 for working one and r0w0e0 for
> > non-working
>
> I don't see how they would effect it...  Also, the last one just means
> that you have the working one mounted (probably as your root) and the
> non-working one not mounted...
>
> So is the non-working disk not mounting? or is it not even asking for
> a passphrase to unlock the disk?  If you could get a log, or even a
> photo of the failed boot, that would be helpful...

The non-working encrypted disk doen't ask for passphrase!

These were the problems I've encountered on gpt partitions(and don't know
why!). After all, I have decided to back to mbr because have not found any
particular reason to stay on gpt scheme and everything is OK with mbr
scheme.

Thank you for your useful guides :)