Expanding a partition in gpart after increasing the size of an array.

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Wed Nov 13 17:07:13 UTC 2013

I was originally attaching the results of "gpart show" as a screenshot because I was working through an internet kvm module on a system several states away that was booted in standalone mode. But the mailing list seems to strip off attachments, so I ssh'd into the system in normal operation to get output of "gpart show" that I can cut and paste here.

root at warehouse:/root # gpart show mfid0
=>         34  17578327997  mfid0  GPT  (10T) [CORRUPT]
           34          128      1  freebsd-boot  (64k)
          162   1048576000      2  freebsd-ufs  (500G)
   1048576162  16521363328      4  freebsd-ufs  (7.7T)
  17569939490      8388540      3  freebsd-swap  (4G)
  17578328030            1         - free -  (512B)