[SOLVED] GEOM: da0: corrupt or invalid GPT detected

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Mar 27 23:25:44 UTC 2013

Is there an existing/outstanding/open PR on this problem someplace?  If
so, would somebody be kind enough to post a link to it, so that I can
post a follow-up on that?

As you can see, I found a rather unusual solution for the problem:

    http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=214880

It is, of course, unfortunate, that Windows seems to cope with this
issue/problem so much better than FreeBSD.  Whatever Windows is doing
in order to get past the problem, it would certainly be Nice (and a
lot more user-friendly) if FreeBSD followed suit and did likewise.

Regards,
rfg