geli external header (metadata)

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 9 18:24:57 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 08, 2013 at 03:02:10PM +0300, Andrew Romero wrote:
> Hi all
> I made a patch to support of external header (metadata) on GEOM ELI (geli)
>
> System: FreeBSD 9-STABLE r250964 i386
>
> geli patch - http://pastebin.com/UGpnMN19
> regresion patch - http://pastebin.com/hJVkTpJZ

I don't mean to discourage you, but every additional complexity comes at
risk and it case of GELI this is security risk. What is missing in your
work is explanation how it that useful for the users? How do you use it?
First I need to understand and be convinced that this functionality is
generally useful and thus is worth additional complexity and risk.

FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://mobter.com