Does geom_raid1e support raid10e?

Eduardo Morras emorrasg at yahoo.es
Tue Jul 23 09:47:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 06:49:36 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 2013, Eduardo Morras wrote:
>
> > Hello, I ask this question on -questions list last week and get no answer, I post it here then.
> >
> > Hello, I want to know if geom_raid1e support raid10e level too.
>
> There is no geom_raid1e, just geom_raid.  Support for RAID1E is listed
> for some metadata formats, but RAID10E is not shown at all.

... So /usr/src/sys/geom/raid/tr_raid1e.c doesn't implement a full raid1e? What's it then for? Only for interface some raid cards? I thought that Alexander Motin worked on full software raid1e support and not an interface for raid cards that support it.

Thanks for clarify this point.

---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg at yahoo.es>