gvinum + geli + gjournal

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 22 06:29:00 UTC 2011

Hello, Anthony.
You wrote 22 ноября 2011 г., 3:37:53:

> I have 2 questions regarding graid5:
> 1. Why hasn't it made its way to the base FreeBSD distribution yet?
> 2. Has anyone done any rigorous testing with it?
  BTW, if you could write list of good test-cases which should be in
(VM-based) automated test-suite, it will be very helpful.
  I could easily miss some corner cases.
  But, please, be aware, that this test-suite should be implemented
via standard UNIX API plus "disk disconnection," which is possible
under VirtualBox 4.x, so tests should be formulated via newfs, file
operations, fsck, etc. toolset, not via some internal kernel APIs.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>