gmirror: Can't store metadata on /dev/ad4s1a: Operation not permitted. -- on UNMOUNTED, NOT USED file system.

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Thu Jan 13 11:42:47 UTC 2011

Hello, Freebsd-geom.

I can not create mirror on root FS (not whole disk or slice) with
"standard" diagnostic "Operation not permitted.".

  Google knows a lot about this situation, but nothing helps.

  Answers to standard receipts:

  (1) Yes, this filesystem is unmounted and not used in any way, system is booted
      from mfsBSD.
  (2) Yes, I have set "kern.geom.debugflags=16"
  (3) No, I don't have any securelevel set (kern.securelevel: -1).
  (4) Yes, I'm root...
--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>