how to use labels in loader.conf file on 8.1 (syntax error)

Michal michal at nonspace.net
Wed Jul 21 14:09:01 UTC 2010

Hello.

How to specify some providers by their label in loader.conf file?

geom_label_load="YES"
geom_eli_load="YES"
geli_label/private_keyfile0_load="YES"
geli_label/private_keyfile0_type="label/private:geli_keyfile0"
geli_label/private_keyfile0_name="/boot/keys/private.key0"

Now system doesn't boot up at all. It says:

Warning: syntax error on file /boot/loader.conf
geli_label/private_keyfile0_load="YES"
          ^
Unable to load a kernel!
-
can't load 'kernel'

So it looks to me that it simply doesn't like slashes. What is the proper
way of doing it?
Keep in mind that in this situation I can not use provider's name (i.e.
ad0s2) because then geli would fail at later stage (as I understand it).

Thank you in advance.
Michal