amd64/145414: Problem with Geom/Gmirror

Eduardo Orige eduardo.orige at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:00:15 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR kern/145414; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eduardo Orige <eduardo.orige at gmail.com>
To: Bug-followup <bug-followup at freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: amd64/145414: Problem with Geom/Gmirror
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:54:55 -0300

 Em Seg, 2010-04-05 às 18:10 -0700, Garrett Cooper escreveu:
 > On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Eduardo Orige <eduardo.orige at gmail.com> wrote:

 > >> Sorry,  I didn't understand when you said `truss`.
 > >> I used follow command:
 > >>
 > >> truss -faedDS -o ~/gstatus.error -s 32 gmirror status
 > >> truss -faedDS -o ~/gstat.error -s 32 gstat
 > >> truss -faedDS -o ~/glist.error -s 32 gmirror list
 > >>
 > >> The output of the three commands above are attached.
 > >>
 > >> Thanks,
 > >> -Eduardo
 > >>
 > >> ---------------------
 > >>
 > >>     Ok. The `no such file or directory' error is misc/144307 (I filed
 > >> it under the wrong category -- should be kern). Not sure why the rest
 > >> of it isn't working, but if you can apply the patch I attached to that
 > >> PR, recompile, and try to rerun the commands, does the message differ?
 > >> After that data is determined, the bug should be triaged on to geom@
 > >> to determine whether or not it's a valid problem, or potential
 > >> accidental user error.
 > >> Thanks,
 > >> -Garrett
 > >>
 > >> PS Please CC bug-followup at freebsd.org the next time you reply unless
 > >> requested by the person helping you ;).
 > >

 > > Ok. So, just use commands
 > > make and make install in your patch and rerun the commands?
 >
 > Yes.
 >
 > > And where are your patch?
 >
 > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern%2F144307&cat= (turns
 > out that I didn't actually misfile it. Awesome...).
 >
 > -Garrett

 Hello,
 I put this file in ~/ of server and i used command: make
 The message recieved was:
 `patch.c' is up to date.

 But can't use the command: make install clean.
 I think that what i did was wrong.

 What I do?

 Thanks,
 -Eduardo