gmirror weird behaviour

Mario Pranjic mario.pranjic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:44:11 PDT 2007

On 26/10/2007, Mario Pranjic <mario.pranjic at gmail.com> wrote:

> If problem reoccurs, I will do that and maybe I will have some more info
> to share.

I got the same situation half an hour ago: ad0 was detached from the
system.I rebooted the machine and now ad2 was in mirror(as it should be when
ad0 failed). The only thing different is the fact that I didn't do 'gmirror
gmo forget' before reboot.

Now, I'm syncing the mirror again (ad0 is visible again after reboot) and I
set up geom debug as you suggested:
sysctl kern.geom.mirror.debug=1

Now we will see what info I will get through syslog when ad0 fails again (it
shouldn't be long now).

However, in the mean time, I set-ups smartd and it registred ad0 problem:
SMART error (FailedOpenDevice) detected on host
Device: /dev/ad0, unable to open device

At the moment there is no errors from smartd, both disks are visible and
running normally.

--
Mario.
http://keeper.sharanet.org/