AW: Re: AW: g_vfs_done():da3s1a[READ(offset=81064794762854400, length=8192)]error = 5

Eric Anderson anderson at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 16 07:56:15 PDT 2007

d_elbracht wrote:
>>> One basic question to ask: where does the value for offset= in
>>> g_vfs_done() come from ?
>>> happens, when a file get's appended.
>> I wonder if (wild guess follows) there's a 32/64 bit
>> conversion problem somewhere, like a 32bit number cast as
>> 64bit or something.
>>
>> I'd like to see a full trace to see what path it takes.
>> Maybe putting a
>>   panic in the error path would be worth doing.
>>

> can you give me some hints please how to do this ? I'm willing to try about
> everything to get this problem nailed down.

I would add debugging to your kernel config, and then around here:

http://fxr.googlebit.com/source/sys/geom/geom_vfs.c?v=8-CURRENT#L77

change the printf to a panic(), and recompile your kernel.  Also, don't
forget to set up a dump partition (swap).  You can find out how to do
the debugging parts and dump partition in the Handbook.

Eric