Size of metadate?

Nico -telmich- Schottelius nico-freebsd-geom at schottelius.org
Tue Jun 26 22:13:39 UTC 2007

Hello!

I cannot delete the gmirror metadata with gmirror clear, I guess
the problem is that the partition size changed, because I put the
disk into a raid-controller and that the controller changed the
disk size, because it added metadate to it, too.

Now my question is, how can I clear the metadata block via dd?
I think dd skip=(size_of_hd_in_512_bytes_blocks-gmirror-size)
if=/dev/zero of=/dev/amrd0 count=?? should do the job, but I am not
aware how many bytes to clear.

A more detailled description can be found on
http://home.schottelius.org/~nico/unix/freebsd/gmirror-remove

Thanks for any hint,

Nico

--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C