geom_raid5 livelock?

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 23:07:06 UTC 2007

--- CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo at cyberleo.net> wrote:
> http://home.cyberleo.net/cyberleo/workspace/Zip/graid5-testing2.png

OK. The changes in the lower right window show, that there is still successful
write request processing...

> Disabled gmirror and booted from a single member of the array. The
> lower-right xterm is tailing all.log, enabled as you suggested in
> syslog, with kern.geom.raid5.debug = 2.

OK - gmirror was not the cause... :) But since gmirror had a quite high "ms/r"
value, it might be, that graid5 isnt the real cause, too (maybe ur box just
cant take so many simultaneous read requests)...
Unfortunately I removed some debug code. I inserted it now. It would be nice,
if u could upgrade to the newest version of graid5 (some minutes old)... Then
debug level 2 should produce more output (each read/write request gets two
lines: start and done)... :-)

-Arne