gconcat and gpt

Rong-en Fan grafan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 06:00:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm running 6.2-RC1 on an i386 box. I'm testing gjournal patch.
I found that something is annoying... I use

gconcat label big da1 da2 da3

and then running gpt on the concat/big device. So, I got
concat/bigp1, concat/bigp2, ... etc *AND* I also have
da1p1, da1p2... Well, this is not a problem for normal use. However,
when I enable gjournal, at boot time, gconcat first activates the
big one then, gjournal finds there is journal data on da1p1, so
it uses! Then, da1 is deactivated from gconcat...

My question is, why I got da1p1 when da1 is used by gconcat?

Regards,
Rong-En Fan