gmirror using disk image files

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Tue Jan 17 02:36:44 PST 2006

Hi,

I have a need to mirror data between two servers for failover purposes.
I've been reading up on Ggate and Gmirror and I want to try them.  From
what I've gathered I will need a dedicated disk or disk slice in each server
to be able to mirror them.  Unfortunately this is an afterthought and these
two machines are already sliced and partitioned without this scheme in mind.
I would like to avoid rebuilding them or adding disks.

Is it possible to have Ggated export a Vnode device from one machine, and
from the other machine import this device with Ggatec and mirror it with
another Vnode device running locally with Gmirror?

Thanks,
Aragon