retasting devices on demand

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Tue Aug 22 19:13:39 UTC 2006

How can I get a particular GEOM class to re-taste devices on demand?  I
have an issue that geom label won't see new labels (UFS labels), and
also where I have a shared disk subsystem, where one system puts a label
on a device (a glabel) and the other system doesn't know to look for it
again.

I'd really like a 'geom retaste' command - is this a reasonable option?

Eric