Hardcoding gmirror provider

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 22 15:58:54 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:47:28AM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:29:38PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
+> +> George Hartzell <hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com> writes:
+> +> > I just skimmed through your comment about hardcoding the provider name
+> +> > if ad0 and ad0s1 have the same length.
+> +>
+> +> This wouldn't be a problem if gmirror, gstripe etc. placed metadata at
+> +> the start of the provider, like God intended, instead of at the end.
+>
+> You won't be able to boot from the mirror then.

...and metadata at the begining of the provider still doesn't fix 'c'
partition problem and 'a' partition which starts at sector 0, which is
the default start offset in sysinstall.