Hardcoding gmirror provider [was Re: Problem with migrating...]

George Hartzell hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com
Sun Feb 6 11:21:09 PST 2005

Pawel Jakub Dawidek writes:
 > [...]
 > It happens because ad0 and ad0s1 share the same last sector.
 > To fix this you should use '-h' option as you did or you should recreate
 > ad0s1 slice one sector smaller.

Thanks for the help!

That makes sense, which is always a nice feeling.

Does that mean that the instructions at:

   http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/

in the section labeled:

   GEOM mirror Approach 2: Single Slice, Preferred, More Flexible

are incorrect and will result in the same kind of slice-table breakage
that I was seeing or is there something going on that I'm not getting?

Would it be more correct for Ralf to update the instructions to
include a -h arg on his "gmirror label" step?

g.