USB fash devices and dd

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 8 09:44:28 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 06:22:27PM +0200, Soeren Straarup wrote:
+> > AFAIR I was having simlar problem with gbde on usb bar (da0) when file
+> > system from this device was mounted. I was able to fix panic in gbde,
+> > I was able to fix cam(4), but I wasn't able to fix UFS (maybe I should
+> > try harder). Anyway, without mounted file system it should be possible
+> > to fix this quite easy.
+>
+> My problem is, is it the usb code that panic or is it from the geom layer?

Chances are that both, but GEOM should handle this probably and first is
the USB layer. It could be also cam(4), that comes after USB.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl