Firefox and GTK2

Steve Wills swills at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 28 23:01:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 6/28/19 5:56 PM, Jan Beich wrote:
> Steve Wills <swills at FreeBSD.org> writes:

[snip]

> How does libcanberra decide which gtk to use?

Wouldn't that be based on how it's built and what it's linked against?

[snip]

> That's the point. I couldn't find where libcanberra depends on gtk3.
> It's probably Gtk that calls into libcanberra. If so then every gtk30
> consumer that depends on libcanberra also needs libcanberra-gtk3.
>
> $ strings /usr/local/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so | fgrep libcanberra
> libcanberra.so.0
> libcanberra-gtk.so.0
> libcanberra-gtk-module.so
>
> $ strings /usr/local/lib/gtk-3.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so | fgrep libcanberra
> libcanberra.so.0
> libcanberra-gtk3.so.0
> libcanberra-gtk3-module.so

Sorry, what are you looking for here? What would be different that
you're not seeing?

>>> GTK3 is still optional in www/seamonkey and not supported in www/palemoon.
>>
>> Maybe the libcanberra dep could be moved out of bsd.gecko.mk and into
>> the ports?
>
> Right. To Mk/Uses/gnome.mk where USE_GNOME=canberra can decide whether
> to pull -gtk3 slave or not.

USE_GNOME=canberra might make sense, yeah, although I'm not sure how it
would decide which to use. Maybe that would have to specified.

Steve