Firefox and llvm

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at burggraben.net
Mon Jun 17 09:02:59 UTC 2019

## Mikhail T. (mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com):

> > Good luck. Make sure to test in a clean environment e.g., via poudriere
>
> Jan, this is the job of the port's maintainer... The current situation
> -- requiring a rebuild of LLVM twice -- is ridiculous, should never have
> come about, and should not remain for long. I hope, we agree on the
> first and the second, at least...

You're assuming infinite maintainer resources... I'll side with Jan,
it's ridiculous or at least not first priority to create custom
patches for this case (which will require maintenance and may break
completely at some point in the future) when there's a full llvm
readily available from our own ports collection. Anyway, what's the
problem with building llvm?

Regards,
Christoph

--