Printing from Firefox via LPR/LPD ?

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Mon Jun 10 20:54:12 UTC 2019

Some X applications, e.g. evince, support printing either to an available
CUPS printer or to the local lpr command, when avaiable.

This option does not seem to be available in the case of Firefox.  In a
default configuration, Fitrefox appears to only be aware of the availability
of CUPS printers, and no option to print to lpr appears in the Firefox
print menu.

Is there any easy way to rectify this?

I would like to be able to print from Firefox via lpr, just as I can from
evince.

If Forefox cannot be configured to enable this, would I be wasteing my time
to file a formal bug report / enhancement request asking that Firefox be
enhanced to support this?

I have to ask, because I see that there is a grand total of one guy who is
currently formally responsible for -everything- that comprises the entire
"gecko" basket of stuff.