On the error in makeing firefox-42.0

Jan Beich jbeich at vfemail.net
Sat Nov 28 14:55:51 UTC 2015

Takeshi Hashimoto <hasimoto at liszt.ee.uec.ac.jp> writes:

> We first tried the generic "ports" and had a mal-functioning "firefox."
> The above is the result found in the "ports" upgraded by
> "portsnap fetch extract" command.

Mixing packages from different revisions of ports tree isn't supported.
www/firefox tries to require specific versions via >= in BUILD_DEPENDS
but it's often undertested and maybe bogus for --with-system-foo that
come from port patches.

For one, |portmaster www/firefox| would do the right thing by upgrading
dependencies first.

> configure:20992: checking for vorbis vorbisenc >= 1.3.5
> configure: error: Library requirements (vorbis vorbisenc >= 1.3.5) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
[...]
> libvorbis-1.3.4_1,3            Audio compression codec library

Upgrade libvorbis to 1.3.5 and try again.