Firefox 25 crashing on HTML5 video

Florian Smeets flo at smeets.im
Sun Nov 3 09:04:57 UTC 2013

On 03/11/13 05:11, Bryon wrote:

> Problem:
> When I visit vimeo.com, attempt to play any video, firefox crashes and I
> get:
>
> Assertion failed: (wrote >= 0 && wrote == got), function
> alsa_refill_stream, file
> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/media/libcubeb/src/cubeb_alsa.c,
> line 319.
> Abort

I'm copying the UPDATING entry that describes how to fix the issue. This
should fix your problem.

20121010:
  AFFECTS: users of www/firefox and www/seamonkey
  AUTHOR: gecko at FreeBSD.org

  When using Firefox or SeaMonkey compiled with ALSA option ON it may
  crash on assert in alsa_refill_stream as described in ports/170473.
  To workaround disable ARIFF_OSS in audio/alsa-plugins or use PULSEAUDIO.

HTH,
Florian