coredumps with firefox port on 8.4-RELEASE

omar omars1234 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 10:08:16 UTC 2013

Hi.

I'm having trouble with the firefox 22 port on 8.4-release amd64.

Sound (specifically in embedded HTML5 youtube vid) is causing firefox to
coredump with this error:
Assertion failed: (wrote >= 0 && wrote == got), function
alsa_refill_stream, file
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/media/libcubeb/src/cubeb_alsa.c,
line 319.

I've tried rebuilding with various options enabled or disabled.  Only
switching from Alsa to pulseaudio makes this error not show up.  I was
using OSS before ff22.

Also, "Optimized CFLAGS" now causes firefox to coredump w/o any output or
windows, happening since ff21 (same result on FreeBSD 8.2 and 8.3, also
tried rebuilding full ports tree on those systems).  I had the "Optimized
CFLAGS" option enabled without problems on the several prior firefox port
releases.

OS:
> uname -a
FreeBSD mine.heedme.com 8.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.4-RELEASE #1: Sat Jul 13
01:39:21 EDT 2013     root at mine.heedme.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MINE  amd64

Ports tree is up to date.  Rebuilt/tested on a fresh install with all ports
rebuilt.

I've been running many firefox releases via ports on multiple versions of
FreeBSD.  I haven't had this sort of instability since back around ff10 or
11, until 21/22.

-omar siddique