Firefox 12 has no HTML5 audio

Jan Beich jbeich at tormail.org
Sat Jun 30 01:23:06 UTC 2012

Sulev-Madis Silber <madis555 at hot.ee> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I've had this problem since Firefox 4. It still doesn't work in 12. I
> remember it worked in 3.6.

Can you confirm that 3.6 still works? Either check out www/firefox36
from experimental branch or www/firefox36 as last seen in CVS, e.g. use
date= in supfile to go back in csup(1).

> Players seem to work, just no sound output. I have no idea what kind of
> sound output it tries to use. It doesn't seem to connect to PulseAudio
> too. I only have one sound card in machine (a T60). Audio works with
> everything I use. I *only* have problem with Firefox.
>
> I have no idea how I should debug this. Others report it works. How come
> it doesn't work for me? Using 8.2 on i386.

Can you test www/firefox-nightly from experimental branch using
PulseAudio option? media.use_cubeb is enabled by default (for pulse/alsa),
try toggling this hidden pref in about:config, too.