FreeBSD Port: www/firefox

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Dec 22 17:07:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 12:04:46AM +0100, Florian Smeets wrote:
> >> Yes, there is currently a problem with the PGO option. We are
> >> working on a fix. In the meantime you could build Firefox
> >> without PGO.
> >>

> > The following patch should fix it. Could you please confirm?
> >

> The final patch should of course look like this...

After encountering the error, I tried the (revised) patch this morning,
and the build is definitely successful now, and the operation appears
successful so far.

Environment: FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #286 228623M: Sat Dec 17 03:39:23 PST 2011
    root at localhost:/common/S1/obj/usr/src/sys/CANARY i386

(The "M" suffix is because of a local patch I have for
src/sys/conf/newvers.sh to factor out the VCS stuff out of that file,
rather than a functional change.)

# This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
# No user-servicable parts inside!
# Options for firefox-4.0,1
_OPTIONS_READ=firefox-4.0,1
WITHOUT_DBUS=true
WITH_PGO=true
WITHOUT_SMB=true
WITHOUT_DEBUG=true
WITHOUT_LOGGING=true
WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=true

I hope the patch will be committed soon.  :-)

Peace,
david   (not on -gecko@)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.