cvs commit: ports UPDATING ports/mail/enigmail Makefile distinfo pkg-message ports/mail/enigmail-thunderbird Makefile

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 19 15:35:37 UTC 2011

on 19/08/2011 18:28 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> So apparently there was some "rogue" child process with pid 31969 which screwed up
> the accounting of children and thus WaitPidDaemonThread is not aware that it
> should call wait() to wait for pid 32094.
> Apparently that rogue child process was not created via
> PR_CreateProcess/_MD_CreateUnixProcess, otherwise it would be accounted for via
> numProcs.

ktrace suggests that the child process is doing something unexpected (for me at
least):
NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/dri/r600_dri.so"
NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/thunderbird/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/thunderbird/plugins/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/thunderbird/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/usr/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/usr/lib/compat/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/usr/local/lib/libdrm_radeon.so.1"
NAMI  "/dev/dri"
NAMI  "/dev/dri/card0"
NAMI  "/dev/dri/card0"
NAMI  "/dev/dri"