Upgrade eclipse-devel to 3.6.1

Michael Martin mgmartin at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 16:23:34 UTC 2010

On 11/02/2010 08:13, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 14:08:06 +0100, Thomas Gellekum
> <Thomas.Gellekum at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> ken<ken at tydfam.jp>  writes:
>>
>>>    Michael,
>>>    I have the following error after installing some plugins.  Are there any fixes?  xulrunner.gtk.freebsd.x86_64 seemingly not built/installed.
>>>
>>> # eclipse-devel
>>> Bundle org.mozilla.xulrunner.gtk.freebsd.x86_64 is not found.
>> > From quickly browsing the web, it looks like this bundle should be
>> provided by www/xulrunner or some relative. Let's see whether the gecko
>> folks know anything about it.
> You probably want to enable the JAVA option of www/libxul port? That
> option was not tested for a long time so don't be surprised if it does
> not work. Give it a try and tell us if it works and is what you need.

It looks like some plugin is expecting the native plugin
org.mozilla.xulrunner.gtk.os.arch to be present.  I'm not sure what
plugins you installed that would be providing that--it's not provided by
eclipse.  Since the 3rd party provided plugins/feature doesn't have a
freebsd.x86_64 specific jar file to match your platform
(freebsd/x86_64), you get the error.  I see jboss provides some sort of
wrapper for xulrunner ( http://repository.jboss.org/xulrunner/ ).  Maybe
that's the plugin you installed??

It should be possible to get the source code and build the native plugin
for freebsd if you can identify from where the org.mozilla.xulrunner
plugins originate.  You should then at least be able to get past the
dependency error.

I built www/libxul with JAVA xpcom enabled and it errors out on me when
launching eclipse help and the embedded browser chosen.

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: XPCOM error -2147467262
     at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.error(Mozilla.java:2414)
     at
org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.unhookDOMListeners(Mozilla.java:2844)
     at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.onDispose(Mozilla.java:2437)
     at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla$5.handleEvent(Mozilla.java:891)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
     at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)

mm