ports/144145: www/firefox: Firefox 3.6 does not allow any https-connection

Norbert Koch nkoch at gmx.de
Mon May 3 19:30:04 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR ports/144145; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Norbert Koch <nkoch at gmx.de>
To: Chris Petrik <c.petrik.sosa at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/144145: www/firefox: Firefox 3.6 does not allow any 	https-connection
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 21:24:22 +0200

 Chris Petrik schrieb:
 > I misread the cp .mozilla .... so the firewall suggestion can be lifted.
 >
 > I would try and see if any addons are at fault. I login to my banking
 > site daily and never had such issues regarding SSL, I am using https
 > now to reply to this post.
 >
 > I also can not reproduce this issue at all.
 >
 > Possibly give us your setup, if you say copying .mozilla to
 > .mozilla.old and loading firefox I suggest some sort of corruption in
 > the mozilla configs. I myself would just rm -rf ~/.mozilla but I take
 > it for some reason you don't wish to do that. normally when I have
 > issues with firefox which is very few I just rm -rf .mozilla and it
 > all works like a champ. Without any errors, coredumps, etc.. very hard
 > to debug this issue.

 Hello Chris,
 thank you for your reply. I was already in contact with Florian Smeets
 who was very helpful. We did some experiments but without success.
 He already has all information about my computer incl. all installed ports.

 Even after a clean re-install without any addons I see this behaviour.
 The funny thing is, Florian sent me Firefox 3.6 as pre-built package,
 which runs fine on my computer. The only dependency I had to reinstall
 was perl. After deinstalling the package I tried another build from
 source and had the same problem again. So I think it must be something
 with my build environment.

 BTW, did I mention that I have to stay with Thunderbird 2 for - I think -
 the same reason? Thunderbird 3 hangs too with encrypted connections.