Scrub incredibly slow with 13.0-RC3 (as well as RC1 & 2)

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 25 15:34:51 UTC 2021

On 25/03/2021 10:55, Matt Churchyard wrote:
> Just an a aside, I did post a message a few weeks ago with a similar problem
> on 13 (as well as snapshot issues). Scrub seemed ok for a short while, but
> then ground to a halt. It would take 10+ minutes to go 0.01%, with everything
> appearing fairly idle. I finally gave up and stopped it after about 20 hours.
> Moving to 12.2 and
> rebuilding the pool,

This could make a huge difference, though.
Scrub performance significantly depends on the data layout.
The more sequential it is the better.
So, older (and more fragmented) pools are at disadvantage.

--
Andriy Gapon

--
Andriy Gapon