digital ocean droplet, FreeBSD update from 11.2 to 12.2p4, zpool upgrade and boot sector ?

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Tue Mar 2 19:12:38 UTC 2021

On 3/2/2021 13:54, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have one small droplet @ digitalocean, and updated the OS from
> 11.2 to 12.2p4, and also did the zpool upgrade.
>
> Now: How do I update the boot sector for the additional zpool
> features ?
>
> It normally says:
>
>    gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 da0
>
> But I have no da0 on the digitalocean droplet ?

I have used freebsd-upgrade on DO droplets (including ZFS ones) without
a problem, but I did *not* upgrade the pool for exactly this reason -- I
have no visibility into where their hypervisor gets the loader and
whether I might screw myself.

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>