FreeBSD 13 BETA3 zfs mount failed

infoomatic infoomatic at gmx.at
Fri Feb 26 10:40:36 UTC 2021

On 26.02.21 09:56, infoomatic wrote:
> Another scenario: I did the same setup as in my previous mail on BETA3,
> sent some snapshots to the encrypted dataset on BETA3. I then could
> however import the the pool in Linux as read-only (feature
> com.delphix:log_spacemap was missing), could also load-key and read the
> encrypted dataset.

interestingly, importing the pool read-only on linux destroyed some
metadata.

The pool cannot be imported in BETA3 any more:

[root at blackbox ~]# zpool import
   pool: hd012
     id: 16225333054044272411
  state: FAULTED
status: The pool metadata is corrupted.
 action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-72
 config:

    hd012       FAULTED  corrupted data
      da0s1     ONLINE
[root at blackbox ~]# zpool import -f hd012
cannot import 'hd012': one or more devices is currently unavailable

[root at blackbox ~]# zpool status -v hd012
cannot open 'hd012': no such pool

I will do some more tests and will report here.