Linux could write to read only files on FreeBSD NFS server

Luoqi Chen luoqi.chen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:19:51 UTC 2020

I gather you haven't tried the script -- I didn't bother to include more
details because they didn't seem to matter, this is not some corner case
scenario. My guess is this is something fundamental, like, linux expects
the server side to enforce the access control while freebsd assumes that
the client has already done the check.