zfs scrub enable by default

Peter Eriksson pen at lysator.liu.se
Mon Aug 3 18:05:10 UTC 2020

On our pretty big ZFS fileservers (home directories) we run scrubs manually but every now and then - but I have a script that pauses the scrubs during “prime time” since a full scrub run takes a day or so...

Crontab:

# zpool-scrub-pause
0 8 * * 1-5 /sbin/zpool-scrub pause all >/var/liu/log/zpool-scrub-pause 2>&1
# zpool-scrub-resume
0 21 * * 1-5 /sbin/zpool-scrub resume all >/var/liu/log/zpool-scrub-resume 2>&1

The script can be downloaded from:

   https://www.grebo.net/~peter/zfs/ <https://www.grebo.net/~peter/zfs/>

Perhaps something similar could be used with configurable “prime time hours”)?

- Peter