NFS file access log

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Wed May 15 15:06:24 UTC 2019

Ganbold Tsagaankhuu wrote:
>Is there anyway to log file access in NFS client/server side?
>I'm experiencing following problem:
>
>vm_fault: pager read error, pid 75363 (php-fpm)
>ncl_getpages: error 70
>
>and would like to know if there is possibility to find problematic files.
I haven't used DTrace, so I can't help with that.

However, "70" is ESTALE and that means that the file has been deleted on the
server, so the client can't read it.
Look for a case where an application running on another client (or locally on the
server) would delete a file that would be accessed by php-fpm on this client.
(If you know about when it happens, you could do a raw packet capture at the
 server using "tcpdump -s 0 -w find.pcap" and then look at the packet capture
 in wireshark, looking for where file(s) get removed. It won't be easy for a busy
 server.)

rick