zfs corruption (again) due to interupted resilver and power faults.

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Tue Mar 19 13:14:46 UTC 2019

So lost my pool again...  this time looks more hopeless, but for simpler
reasons.

Basically a significant power issue occurred whilst in a resilver
process which I am lucky no-one was killed - though if I find the idiot
there is still time...

anyhoo, to the issue at hand...

FreeBSD 12 (memstick boot)

Can't import the pool 'storage'

All devices are now online (one wasn't but that issue has been resolved
by byte copying the drive to a new drive and inserting)

Its a zraid2 set... only the one drive had failed and was in the middle
of the resilver when the power issue occurred.

Pool refuses to import (even with -FfX)

zdb reports 4 metdata errors and no (zero) data errors... see:
http://flashback.sorbs.net/packages/zfs/image4.jpeg

'zdb -bcd' asserts out in space_map_load (123 of 163) see:
http://flashback.sorbs.net/packages/zfs/image5.jpeg

Thoughts on how I might recover this?

(Really need to as was in the middle of blowing away the original
(backup) server for a rebuild and new backup.. so I have quite literally
no backups, and every photo I have taken are in that zvol on the pool -
there should be no reason why it's corrupt as with the exception of the
resilver - there was no active writing to the pool.)

Yours hopefully,

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan