12.0-R-p2: login(1) hang on [dp->dp_spaceavail_cv]

Ravi Pokala rpokala at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 3 03:27:03 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I was not able to get a vmcore. But, it looks like there is only one place which waits on that:

    sys/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/uts/common/fs/zfs/dmu_tx.c: dmu_tx_wait()

On the way back up, it took an inordinately long time to mount the local filesystems (~10 minutes, when it typically takes <1 second), with significant drive activity. The good news is that it *did* eventually mount, and `zfs scrub' didn't show any errors on either pool.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone has any thoughts.

Thanks,

Ravi (rpokala@)